CV Building and Enhancement
This is a basic service that we provide to help students, employees with limited work experience, or those who are returning to the world or work, make a positive impact at the commencement of any recruitment process.
The Internet offers you a host of “free” CV templates or low-cost alternatives, to allow you to create your own profile however, as with most things in life, you only have a limited opportunity to make an impression when applying for a job and can you afford to get it wrong? Our many years of relevant experience in senior HR positions can help you start out on the right foot......we know that you have seconds to make an initial impact and minutes to avoid the wastepaper bin!
Some of the areas we might focus on in your CV include:
- Accurate personal details – with current contact information.
- Key Skills and Achievements – no matter how small you think they may be.
- Relevant Work History – this could include bringing up a family or doing some Voluntary Work.
- Positions of Authority or Responsibility – which might be work or education related.
- Education and Qualifications – no matter how basic or dated they may have become.
- Outside Interests – especially where you have responsibility and / or authority.
Remember......lots of employers (especially in the Public and Voluntary Sector) do not accept CVs as part of their standard recruitment process. Instead you will have to use your own words to “outline your relevant experience” or “tell us......what makes you most suitable” for a particular position you are applying for. You can have the best CV in the world but if you can’t adapt to a potential employer’s needs – you could find yourself out of the running.
Please do not despair contact us for further details regarding our customized CV preparation support. Our confidence building and inspirational suite of training courses is also available to you - aimed at putting you (back) in control of your career. For full details on course fees please visit our prices section.
Thank you for your valued enquiry.