Basic Interviewing Skills
Basic Interviewing Skills – 1 Day Training Course
This is our introductory course which is particularly popular with new graduates and employees with limited work experience. We will tailor the content to delegate needs but the emphasis will remain on helping you to prepare and successfully complete a checklist of practical activities, designed to help you succeed at job interviews.
Delivered by experienced HR professionals we will give you an insight into the key areas that an interviewer will be looking for and we will show you the view from the other side of the interview desk. Lots of participation to build your confidence and give you the edge in an increasingly competitive jobs market.
Areas that we would normally cover include the following:
- Understanding the job application and interview processes
- Preparing for that all important interview
- Different types of room layout, interview composition and structure
- Doing your research on the company or organization that will interview you
- How to dress and get into the right frame of mind
- Mastering those interview nerves
- First impressions and making sure you are instantly liked
- Building rapport with the interviewer and standing out from the crowd
- Body language and table dynamics
- Handling tricky and searching questions
- Being pro-active and asking meaningful questions
- Closing the interview in a positive way
- Negotiating the best out of any subsequent job offer
- The unthinkable......handling the disappointment of rejection
- Learning from the experience and coming back stronger
Our courses are normally based in the North East however we are flexible on location - please contact us with your requirements and we will be happy to provide further details by return. To obtain additional information on our fully inclusive course fees, please visit our prices section where you can find a comprehensive breakdown.
Thank you for your valued enquiry.