Basic Presentation Skills
An Introduction to Effective Presentations – 1 Day Training Course
Our introductory course which is ideal for new graduates looking to enter the world of work for the first time, or for those of you already experienced in work who want to improve your skills and confidence, in the delivery of effective presentations. We look to tailor the content of this course to the needs of the delegates and as such we are flexible with the structure and timings.
Delivered by experienced senior managers with many years of relevant experience, this is a highly inter-active programme with lots of practical help and advice to get the best out of your presentation and your audience. Course delegates will have the opportunity to practice their presentations in a non-threatening environment whilst gaining experience and feedback from the experts.
Areas that we would normally cover include the following:
- Planning and preparing your presentation topic
- Preparing yourself with the right mental attitude
- Recognising your own strengths and weaknesses
- Controlling the delivery of the presentation
- Making a positive start and understanding your audience
- How to tell a good story
- How to work the audience
- Keeping a simple structure and getting the message across
- Maintaining audience interest
- Bringing the presentation to an effective close
- Fielding difficult questions
- Watching for the areas to avoid
- Individual presentations with feedback and guidance
Our courses are normally based in the North East however we are flexible on location – please contact us with your requirements and we will be happy to provide further details by return. To obtain additional information on our fully inclusive course fees, please visit our prices section where you can find a comprehensive breakdown.
Thank you for your valued enquiry.